• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Adding apcu.ini to php.d fails

f31ixx

New Pleskian
Dear forum members,

Sorry for creating again a topic about installing APCu but none of the threads before in this forum helped me with my issue.

I have a Nextcloud installed on my server and therefore I need APCu for caching.
I used this step by step guide to do it: How to install APCu module on Plesk server ? - Knowledgebase - Cloud Services Store Limited
The installation itself worked fine but adding the apcu.ini to the php.d file via
Code:
echo "extension=apcu.so" > /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.d/apcu.ini
failed. It said that I don't have access to it even if I've sudo-rights (see attatchment).

Does anyone of you have an idea of how to solve this issue?

Here some additional information about the server:
- Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
- Kernel: Linux 4.15.0
- Architecture: x86-64
- PHP-Version: 7.3.27
- APCu-Version: 5.1.20
- Plesk-Version: Obsidian 18.0.34

Thanks for any help in advance!

Have a good day and kind regards,

f31ixx

Attachments

• php-d-issue2.png
    php-d-issue2.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Are you trying this as the Root user? if you are, this is the only thing I think of,

Please try,

# cd /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.d/

# ls -l apcu.ini

If any output,

# lsattr apcu.ini

If you have "i" in the above output, This can prevent even the root user editing this file. In that case,

# chattr -i apcu.ini

Back