• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding SSL to a domain

whipworks

New Pleskian
Hi support,

We have a Parallels Plesk Panel version 9.2.1 on our system. We've been purchasing SSL cert for our customers and adding them to their accounts with no issues. Recently, we added a new SSL for one customer, created an IP address and tried assigning it to that account. But this time, it doesn't show up on the drop down menu for us to attach the IP address to. Appreciate if you can help us out on this one. We've also attached a file on what it looks like on the server. Usually, the drop down menu will give us the list of domain name accounts that we have on the server for us to attach the IP address to. This one shows nothing at all.

Attachments

• parallels.jpg
    parallels.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi whipworks,

Plesk comes with some CLI commands: Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0 for Linux/Unix:: Command Line Reference

You could try to list the current available IPs with:

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --ip_list

... afterwards, you could list the available admin SSL - certificates:

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --ssl_list

To assign a specific certificate to an IP you would use the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage -u XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -ssl_certificate "NAME of the certificate"

To get a complete list of available commands for the "ipmanage" utility, you would use the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --help

Consider to "Reread" the IP adresses, if you experience issues over the Plesk Control Panel, as described here:

Depending to your operating system, you could as well try to check "/etc/network/interfaces" manually.

Hi UFHH01,

Thank you for the reply. I will certainly look into that. Also, would this be the cause of another issue with assigning SSL certs? We just renewed on and did the same steps as we always do to assign the newly renewed SSL cert to the specific domain, and when I looked into the website, the SSL cert expiry didn't change. Which tells me the SSL cert didn't get assigned properly. Any thoughts?

Back