• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Admin password corrupted

miguelkleiner

New Pleskian
Hi , after trying to change admin password from the panel. it gave an error and could not be saved.
Now I can't use neither the plesk command from ssh.
Anything I tried (plesk returns :
Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
exit status 3.
My plesk version is :
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #91​
Update date: 2020/10/11 00:44​
Build date: 2020/09/23 08:48​
OS version: Ubuntu 16.04​
Revision: 8b841946561a93f9219edbe9a72b7af91e9d3f26​
Architecture: 64-bit​
Wrapper version: 1.2​

sample
# plesk bin admin --info
[2020-10-11 11:42:48.969] ERR [panel] Cannot load settings: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
exit status 3

Anyone can help me please
Thanks a lot in advance

The message that you are seeing is not a message that refers to the Plesk GUI admin login name. The message instead refers to the password for the admin database user account. These are two different things. The password that Plesk uses to access its database is stored enrypted in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow. To access the plesk database directly you'd normally
# cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
# mysql -uadmin -p'insert result of previous step here between the single quotes'
If you have changed the admin database password, you need to also update the /etc/psa/.psa.shadow file content to reflect that change, else Plesk won't be able to use the database "admin" user account to login.
Resetting the database password is not a trivial task. Please refer to this article that describes how to do it in different environments. Follow the steps closely and understand what you are doing:

Back