• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question After license purchase and installation, how to get the features purchased.

Huey Tinman

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Unlicensed now added Webhosting edition license.
Hello, I initially installed the trial version of Plesk. Now I have purchased the Web Hosting Edition and installed the license. How do I gain access to the web hosting edition features? The product looks the same after adding the license. Any help is helpful!!

Are you looking for a specific feature?

If I am not mistaken the trial includes all Web Hosting Edition features but is only limited to 3 domains.

Thanks for the help Kaspar,
Here are the differences between the trial version to the web hosting version. I need to decommission the web hosting edition shown when the trial version is fully migrated to all the sites over. When I installed the Trial version I did the "Full Install" option. I am thinking it's all in there and just needs to be unlocked.

Attachments

• Plesk trial .jpg
    Plesk trial .jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Plesk Webhosting Edition.jpg
    Plesk Webhosting Edition.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 6
Here are the differences between the trial version to the web hosting version. I need to decommission the web hosting edition shown when the trial version is fully migrated to all the sites over. When I installed the Trial version I did the "Full Install" option. I am thinking it's all in there and just needs to be unlocked.
Sorry, I am afraid I don't understand what you are saying.

However I do like to point out that the main difference in the screenshots you posted is the interface 'View Mode'. Plesk has two interfaces 'views'; a Power User view and a Service Provider view. Which, if you are new to Plesk, can be a bit confusing. I suspect your question originates from the difference interface view you are expecting?

Kaspar, Thank you, you hit that on the head! Yes, I am new to Plesk doing a server setup, I have managed Plesk sites for quite some time, but this is a necessary and new drill for me. This problem is now solved! I was looking for the advanced hosting view. Thank you!

I am going to use WHMCS on one of the two new installations of Plesk. I expect I will only need a minimal Plesk license for the WHMCS host being that it's all it will host. If you have any insight there?

Back