• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question After license purchase and installation, how to get the features purchased.

Huey Tinman

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Unlicensed now added Webhosting edition license.
Hello, I initially installed the trial version of Plesk. Now I have purchased the Web Hosting Edition and installed the license. How do I gain access to the web hosting edition features? The product looks the same after adding the license. Any help is helpful!!

Are you looking for a specific feature?

If I am not mistaken the trial includes all Web Hosting Edition features but is only limited to 3 domains.

Thanks for the help Kaspar,
Here are the differences between the trial version to the web hosting version. I need to decommission the web hosting edition shown when the trial version is fully migrated to all the sites over. When I installed the Trial version I did the "Full Install" option. I am thinking it's all in there and just needs to be unlocked.

Attachments

• Plesk trial .jpg
    Plesk trial .jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Plesk Webhosting Edition.jpg
    Plesk Webhosting Edition.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 6
Here are the differences between the trial version to the web hosting version. I need to decommission the web hosting edition shown when the trial version is fully migrated to all the sites over. When I installed the Trial version I did the "Full Install" option. I am thinking it's all in there and just needs to be unlocked.
Sorry, I am afraid I don't understand what you are saying.

However I do like to point out that the main difference in the screenshots you posted is the interface 'View Mode'. Plesk has two interfaces 'views'; a Power User view and a Service Provider view. Which, if you are new to Plesk, can be a bit confusing. I suspect your question originates from the difference interface view you are expecting?

Kaspar, Thank you, you hit that on the head! Yes, I am new to Plesk doing a server setup, I have managed Plesk sites for quite some time, but this is a necessary and new drill for me. This problem is now solved! I was looking for the advanced hosting view. Thank you!

I am going to use WHMCS on one of the two new installations of Plesk. I expect I will only need a minimal Plesk license for the WHMCS host being that it's all it will host. If you have any insight there?

Back