• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

After scheduled backup began, server blocked...

albans

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

My config: Fedora Core 2/Plesk 7.5r

I defined scheduled FTP backups for each of the domain I host (about 15).
Each backup had to start at 1am (same time for every domain)...
I tried the FTP settings => worked well via a manual FTP backup (still in Plesk).

Then, the scheduled backup started => I received 10 mails telling me that the backup for "x" domain has begun.
And then the server was not responding anymore (SSH included).

Since then, each time I reboot it, it starts working for ~2 minutes and then blocked again...

I think that the scheduled backups start again and again and make the server crash.

How can I deactivate them? As I cannot access the webinterface or any network services.

Thanks for you help!
 
I'm getting the exact same problem.

After 3 or 4 reboots I eventually got emails saying:

Backup process has failed for domain domain.com

error: cURL execution failed: This doesn't seem like a nice ftp-server response

Any information on how to fix / stop this bug and why the backup brings the server down in the first place would be great.

Regards.

Jay.
 
Try stopping the cron job linked to the daemon "updatemng".
Also try to update your version of Plesk.

This helps me getting my server working again and I don't use the auto-ftp backup anymore.
 
Back
Top