• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After Upgrade to 11.5 Fast Cgi Stop Working

Andrew_Pa

Regular Pleskian
Hello to everybody.

After upgrading panel to 11.5 , any webiste in the server which has configured to work with Fast Cgi doen't work now (Error 500).

The log file has the follow :

[Sun Aug ] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Sun Aug ] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: index.php

Please can anyone help me?

Thank you a lot

Last edited:
Try to fix it with following way:

# cp -p /usr/sbin/suexec /usr/sbin/suexec.dist
# cp -f /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/suexec/psa-suexec (or /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/suexec/psa-suexec for 64it version) /usr/sbin/suexec
# chown root:apache /usr/sbin/suexec
# chmod 4510 /usr/sbin/suexec
# /etc/init.d/httpd restart

same problem here (but 11.0.9)

After update:

(104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server

/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/suexec/psa-suexec

this file does not exist (CL 6.4)

I used /usr/local/psa/suexec

but it dont work. Still the problem

Last edited:
OK I solved the problem:

I just changed the value from safe_mode and magic_quotes_gpc from off to standard.

now everything works fine

Unfortunately for me this is not working. I just don't understand why was updated automatically to 5.4 :-((

Unfortunately for me this is not working. I just don't understand why was updated automatically to 5.4 :-((

After Plesk 11.0.9 auto update I have the same error with you.
My server is auto updated to php 5.4.
So please help us for fast cgi error. My site performs very bad now. Help.

IgorG's solution doesn't work for me because there exists no directory named "/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/suexec/psa-suexec".
I use Plesk 11.0.9

Thank you for help

Last edited:
For each domain go to domain and disable safe_mode and magic_quote and will work. The problem is that a lot of script does not working with 5.4 ;-(

Finally I solved the problem.
I disabled/enabled/disabled again magic quotes and safe mode from Plesk. It didn't help.
I checked for /cgi_wrapper/ permission. It was OK, 755.
I checked /var/log/apache2/suexec.log. Nothing different.

At last I get PHP 5.4.17's production php.ini file.
I copied it as /etc/php.ini. And it worked.

I spent hours to find out which php.ini directives are faulty.
Changing to php.ini file worked.
I suppose the old php.ini file was from PHP 5.3, because before MU #56 I was using PHP 5.3.
I think auto update doesn't change php.ini file.

Try to fix it with following way:

# cp -p /usr/sbin/suexec /usr/sbin/suexec.dist
# cp -f /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/suexec/psa-suexec (or /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/suexec/psa-suexec for 64it version) /usr/sbin/suexec
# chown root:apache /usr/sbin/suexec
# chmod 4510 /usr/sbin/suexec
# /etc/init.d/httpd restart

Unfortunately Igor solution doesn't work and also mavera2 solution.

Can we do something else?

Back