• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Aliases VS forwarding

A

Aristo

I got a major problem. The Frame Forwarding and the Standard forwarding are NOT aliases.

I need a true alias function that work for everything.

Example:
Physical: domain.com
alias: domain.net

I want to be able to access subdomain of domain.com the same way with domain.net
test.domain.net doesnt point to test.domain.com

Email doesn't work. if a mailbox call info on domain.com exist. I want to be able to reach the same account with [email protected] that [email protected]

Another things is that if a directories is protect on domain.com it will not be protect with domain.net with a little workaround i've found.

I'm surely not the only one that got problem ith aliases on Plesk. The ensim one works great for aliases.

Someone got a solution or a workaround ?

Thank you in advance.

duh

They should implement the True Alias in Plesk instead. We buy something that doesnt do a thing that is essential for Web Hosting.....

Re: duh

Originally posted by Aristo
Duh They should implement the True Alias in Plesk instead. We buy something that doesnt do a thing that is essential for Web Hosting.....
Duh? I agree there are many things which would be better built-in to Plesk, but all we can do is wait and see if they will implement more as time goes on (or switch to a different CP). You asked for a 'solution or work around', my recommendation is a solution since the feature is not integrated into Plesk by SW-Soft.

The other way (workaround) would be to manually configure things (easy to do actually), but requires SSH as root. For more info on this, please use Search, it has been posted in the past for various Plesk versions. The manual config changes would be the same no matter the version.

Not exactly. That thread is only partial, and does not make the changes necessary for Qmail. I would give you the entire details, but don't have time to write it up at the moment. I also don't know what level of expertise you have with Linux OS, or with Plesk, so I would have to write it up in much detail so as not to assume your knowledge.

I think it would be better for you to spend the little $$ and use the 4PSA Total Domains product which will handle it all for you, automatically. It really doesn't cost that much.

In PSA Total Domain, that call the alias, the Parking ? Is that correct.

From their online help:
A parking domain is a domain that points to another domain (the chosen domain). Unlike domain forwarding, in domain parking the URL does not change, meaning that you can virtually have two or more websites that lead to the same content. Such a main website with multiple parkings can be indexed multiple times by search engines because most of them are looking for unique URLs. Forwarded domains are not indexed twice by search engines.

In 4PSA Total Domains the emails sent to the parked domain are forwarded automatically to the base domain. For example if you park foo.com to opt.com you can send an email to [email protected] and this email will be automatically directed to [email protected].

In 4PSA Total Domains the emails sent to the parked domain are forwarded automatically to the base domain. For example if you park foo.com to opt.com you can send an email to [email protected] and this email will be automatically directed to [email protected].
I really hate repeating myself. This is quite clearly stated.

Your right! I'm sorry I did'nt read the entire paragraph.

Thank you for your advise, i will get PSA Total Domain for sure.

Back