• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All scheduled tasks failed - access denied

Katana

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,

Since last Windows patch (at least I believe so) I'm getting access denied error on all Plesk scheduled tasks. Plesk 8.2 running on Windows 2003 Standard server aand everything was ok till last update. I search all over internet and I did find few solution related with cmd.exe but none help. When I run tasks manually from CMD all commands are executed without any problems (like statistics.exe)

Error I'm receivng is following (Event viewer/Plesk):

Access is denied. (Error code 5) at CreateProcess 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\ftpmng" --get-log-directory --ip-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"'

at (vexecutil::start line 152)

at Execute C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\ftpmng --get-log-directory --ip-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(execUtil line 130)

at getLogDirectory for ip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(getLogDirectory line 462)

at Calculate domain(s) traffic(statistics::start line 1061)

Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\statistics.exe

I tried pretty much evetything that crossed my mind including permissions on cmd file and statistics.exe but without success.
Atm, Im refreshing statistics each day with manually starting statistics.exe but that's not the option!

Thank you very much for your time and help!

I checked permissions of the cmd.exe and it had all those you suggested. Nonetheless I get this error when I start scheduled task manually:

Access is denied. (Error code 5) at CreateProcess 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\ftpmng" --get-log-directory --ip-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"'

at (vexecutil::start line 152)

at Execute C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\ftpmng --get-log-directory --ip-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(execUtil line 130)

at getLogDirectory for ip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(getLogDirectory line 462)

at Calculate domain(s) traffic(statistics::start line 1061)

Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\statistics.exe

Try following:

Open Windows Explorer and go to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32

right-click on cmd.exe -> choose Properties -> Security tab

Click on SYSTEM and check "full control" box under Allow.

Normally, problem is that "Deny all" for SYSTEM user is checked, hence Plesk can't access cmd.exe.

Hello,

First of all, thanks for help, its nice to see that someone is trying to slove this problem.
On the other hand, I alread tried all those you mention and without success.

cmd.exe security properties are as follow:

Administrators - Full control
Interactive - Read&Execute, Read
psaadm - Full control
psaserv - Full control
Service - Read&Execute, Read
System - Full control

All these are for Allow.

So, I really can't figure out what is the problem especially because I didn't change anything except I applied Microsoft regular updates for Windows 2003.

Is there possibilty that statistics.exe and similiar need to have some specific permissions?

Thanks,
Igor

Try to check and fix permissions with reconfigurator. Maybe it will help.

Hello,

It seems it works now, although I didn't use reconfigurator because I have some permissions that I had to add manually on various base files and similiar.
I did fix all permission on cmd.exe again and it seemed that didn't fix the problem untill the next day when I tried again and this time successfully!

Hopefully this will work!

Thanks a lot for your help and patience,
Igor

Back