• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Allow override of /migration directory on source host

H

hscooper

I just ran a migration from one Plesk 9.3 Unix host to another Plesk 9.3 Unix host, and ran into two problems:

1. Both hosts had one exclusive IP, but the migration manager, when it complained about IP addresses, refused to accept my IP mapping file. (I tried all sorts of combinations--the file was definitely the correct, plain-text format with a tab character between the two IP addresses.) To work around the problem, I changed the IP address on each host to 'shared', and the migration worked fine.

2. The source host filled the / partition. Investigating the cause, it appears the source host was writing temporary migration files into /migration directory. When I initiated the migration on the target, I overrode the default temporary source-host directory (/usr/local/psa/PMM/var) with /home/local/psa/PMM/var (a directory I pre-created with 777 permissions), but /migration was used instead. I worked around the problem by soft linking /migration to a larger partition.

Perhaps these bugs have been fixed in Plesk 9.5, but I thought I'd report them just in case.

Back