• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Almalinux 9.0

Hi,
Currently my server is under AlmaLinux 8.7, can I upgrade to 9.1? If so, is there a tutorial?
Many thanks

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, but i don't understand how Plesk Migrator will help me upgrade from AlmaLinux V 8.7 to V9.1!
I haven't seen anything like it while running Migrator.

[...] but i don't understand how Plesk Migrator will help me upgrade from AlmaLinux V 8.7 to V9.1!
You're right, it doesn't. That because there is currently no supported method to upgrade a Plesk installation from AlmaLinux 8 to 9. And I doubt there ever will be.

The alternative is to migrate to a new server running AlmaLinux 9. Using the Plesk Migrator tool.

Given the number of steps in the above mentioned article, I even have doubts that it will work as a standard for all environments at all. Migration is for sure an easier and more reliable choice.

Now Almalinux 9 is supported, did anyone try in place upgrade from 8.9 to plesk servers??
8.x EOL is in less than 3 months so need to inplace upgrade as server providers
i use do not offer yet plesk + alma 9 combination

Thanks!

Now Almalinux 9 is supported, did anyone try in place upgrade from 8.9 to plesk servers??
8.x EOL is in less than 3 months so need to inplace upgrade as server providers
i use do not offer yet plesk + alma 9 combination

Thanks!
"The AlmaLinux OS Foundation has committed to supporting AlmaLinux OS 8.x until 2029"

Both Rocky and Alma 8.6 Linux are supported to 2029; what's the rush or issue here?
Thanks for reply
i see active support is till May 1 2024, security support till 2029, plesk will continue to support alma 8.x till 2029?

"The AlmaLinux OS Foundation has committed to supporting AlmaLinux OS 8.x until 2029"
thank you very much for reply
saw active support till 2024 May, if plesk supports 8.x till 2029 will be perfect
actually have 11 plesk servers with alma 8.9, very very stable

Back