• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Anti-SPAM Filters Work Less in 8.0?

W

webcanada

Hey there -

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this - it seems that ever since we upgraded to Plesk 8.0.1 (from 7.5.4) there has been an increased amount of SPAM.

I have my MAPS settings set as follows:

opm.blitzed.org;rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org;bl.spamcop.net;relays.ordb.org;sbl.spamhaus.org;KR.rbl.cluecentral.net;BR.rbl.cluecentral.net;blackholes.mail-abuse.org;cbl.abuseat.org;xbl.spamhaus.org

** It seems that when we first started using MAPS a while back, a huge amount of SPAM was removed, but since this upgrade, it seems that SPAM is back **

I also have the new "SPF Spam Protection" turned off, because quite frankly, I couldn't figure out what the ideal settings are to help fight SPAM.

Spam Asassin is set to a default of 6.

Also, does anyone know how often the server checks with those MAPS hosts to update its information?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have experienced similar behavior after upgrading to Plesk 8.0.1 as it seems we too have been getting an increased amount of spam. It's as if the MAPS that I have listed are no longer working as effectively as they once had. Here are the MAPS that I am currently using.

bl.spamcop.net;blackholes.mail-abuse.org;BR.rbl.cluecentral.net;cbl.abuseat.org;dnsbl.sorbs.net;KR.rbl.cluecentral.net;opm.blitzed.org;rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org;relays.ordb.org;rhsbl.ahbl.org;sbl.spamhaus.org;spamsources.fabel.dk;unconfirmed.dsbl.org;vox.sc

We have also experienced this issue, I know that our MAPS are working, but I am wondering if there is some kind of new threshold where MAPS will only check a certain number of spam at any one given time, anything over that number will not get checked? Something like the Spamassassin max client setting? Anyone know anything of this? We are getting hit with way too much spam since the PLESK 8+ upgrade.

I'm still getting this too, are there any alternative, all my clients are getting annoyed with the amount of spam!

Back