• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Apache High CPU, but total CPU low

Caspar

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I am baffled by the following:

I get frequent e-mails that there is HIGH (red) CPU usage for "Apache CPU" (where I see the process is sw-engine). In the monitoring I see this for the Apache also, but when I look there is hardly any CPU usage in the total (everything below 10%)

The e-mail that is send should send only red messages if CPU is above 50%

This system has 2 vCPU cores so it isn't something that should trigger it if I look at it, even if it would be using 50% of CPU of one core (which should be 25%)

Also trying to find this, I only sometimes see a high CPU of the sw-engine-fpm module for Plesk pool, but even that is not that high (while I haven't gotten an e-mail from "red to green")

Looking with htop I don't see that high usage ( load avarage while I'm looking now is .03 .22 .22)

When running the following I also am not wiser:
Code:
ps -o %cpu,%mem,cmd -C sw-engine
%CPU %MEM CMD
 0.0  1.0 /usr/bin/sw-engine -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa-health-monitor-notification.php
 0.0  0.8 /usr/bin/sw-engine -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini /opt/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/wdcollect -c /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/wdcollect.inc.php
 0.0  1.3 /usr/bin/sw-engine -c /opt/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/plesk-mobile/scripts/push_worker.php

I looked for updates, but I don't see anything, and the monitoring e-mails keep coming quite often.

Can anyone help me either to pinpoint the issue, or to figure out if this a. is a bug and b. solve this "bug".

Using:
‪Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS‬
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #13, last updated on July 14, 2017 06:26 AM

Thanks!

Can anyone help me with this?

Currently my times on the load average are as followed: .06 .16 .17
But if I would look in the apache graph, it says that apache is using 70-80% cpu (see uploaded picture)

I would like to pinpoint where my problem is so I can make a permanent solution

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 8
Hmm,

I managed to "solve" it by using these actions:
Code:
service sw-cp-server restart; but it failed since it was running but didn't think it was running
Killed all processes sw-cp-server
service sw-cp-server start
service sw-collectd stop
Killed all proccesses with sw-collectd
service sw-collectd start
service sw-engine restart
After this it looked like everything is working properly again.

Anyone who will have any clue on what might have been wrong?

Back