• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache Tomcat Java server update?

Ryan11433

Regular Pleskian
It say Apache Tomcat Java server "Component updates are available" then I update it but it still say that.

So maybe uninstall that component might help?

What is the command to uninstall Apache Tomcat Java server and reinstalling the one that is the latest? Or is it a bug?

Operating system is Windows 2008 Standard

this issue was fixed by tech the fix was

1) Opened the install-directory, C:\7002a876d2ebb1049a83c32476e5157d\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.0.1\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386.

2) Executed the java-jre.msi and the tomcat.msi application.

3) Placed both .msi files out of this folder, right to the desktop.

Now can't see any available updates for this component.

Same thing here. Tomcat will not update... So your not the only one.
I keep getting the message that there are updates available, tomcat, but it will not update, nor will it even try.

I've given up on Plesk after this update. I've lost my customers and they're leaving me because they've lost the blog, forum, registration, and other modules. They rebuilt their sites using Sitebuilder v.5 and lost their v.4.5 module data. The manuals from Parallels Plesk CP say that the Sitebuilder 4.5 has to be 'manually' converted to Sitebuilder 5... Not knowing that the same modules were not available in 5 such as previously mentioned, such as blog, forum, registration, image gallery, they lost their 4.5 sites and are lost.... they have nothing now...

I should never have upgraded to Plesk 10...

but I'm glad I did upgrade to Plesk 10.0.1.. it works fine for me. If you want you could even try to pay 75 to get your issue fixed... I don't use Sitebuilder feature though I might would in future.

Last edited:
I have pre-paid incidents that I'm trying to use but I keep getting an email back from Parallels saying that the ticket is closed, everytime I submit a ticket with the pre-paid incident #...

Does anyone know how to submit a ticket to Parallels using a pre-paid incident? I've been trying to get help from them for several days but my email requests for support just keep getting sent back to me saying that the incident is closed... I didn't even open any up yet so I don't know why it would be closed...

Any help would really be appreciated.

Back