• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Application Pool Crashing

E

elimedesign

For the past week the plesk(default)(2.0)(pool) keeps crashing. I have moved heavy traffic sites out of that pool and placed them into a new application pool. I thought that would fix the crashing issue but it didn't.

Here is the error from the event viewer:

A process serving application pool 'plesk(default)(2.0)(pool)' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '3256'. The process exit code was '0xc0000005'.

Any ideas and/or suggestions??

One assumes it's rogue code on a web site you host. Have you provided individual pools for all sites - that way you'll be able to track the offending site?

Lea

No, sites are not in individual pools. I will move sites around in the pool and see what happens. I know there is 2 or 3 blog sites in the crashing pool still, maybe those are doing it.

Our policy is to always use individual pools - there's really no reason not to since IIS6 ;-)

Our policy is to always use individual pools - there's really no reason not to since IIS6 ;-)

I will probably end up doing that so I can find out which site is crashing the pool.

I have also heard a certain version of PHP can crash an application pool if that web site has it enabled.

elimedesign

Check if IWAM_plesk(default) user has correct password and reset it if necessary in:

1) User management console;
2) plesk(default) application pool;
3) plesk 2.0(default) application pool.

Oftenly user permissions are the main reason of pool crashes, so kindly check them.

elimedesign

Check if IWAM_plesk(default) user has correct password and reset it if necessary in:

1) User management console;
2) plesk(default) application pool;
3) plesk 2.0(default) application pool.

Oftenly user permissions are the main reason of pool crashes, so kindly check them.

I'll check that out. Right now SwSoft support team is working on my server due to other 8.3 issues that keep happening.

This problem occurs because the worker process does not have sufficient permissions to access and write to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<ASP.NETVersion>\Names

Basically you need to grant these permissions to the group the application pool identities belong to. Please refer to this article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=918041. This fixed the issue for me.

Back