1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Applicatiopn pack missing applications ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ednique, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ednique

ednique Guest

I noticed no mambo and no more xrms ???

my host told me:
    How can SWSOFT then still advertising on their site that the application pack contains More then 30 applications?
    I believe there are exactly 30 now...

Shoudn't this then also be published on the "What's new" of the plesk 8?

:mad:

2. NightStorm

NightStorm Guest

Yeah, they've slowly been weeding out the Applications. When they first introduced the Vault, I had almost 40 Applications.
    They're very good about taking them out... not so hot on adding any in.

3. ednique

ednique Guest

strange...

in the releasenotes of 8.0.0
    in the releasenotes of 8.0.1
    CONFUSED

Can anyone confirm that Mambo is no longer part of the application pack???

in 8.0.1 release notes they write this:

4. cue79

cue79 Guest

How about the newest version of Mambo being added into the App Vault? I'm new to using Plesk, but I can't believe that the writters aren't keeping up with latest versions. From what I can tell on Mambo's web site, they are 2 revisions behind... What's the deal?

5. mhutchings

mhutchings Guest

I took a look at a couple of our servers and all of them had Mambo installed in the application vault. Perhaps it has something to do with the server Os and the way Plesk updates things?

6. mhutchings

mhutchings Guest

oh, and the Joomla variant of Mambo is available on AtomicRocketTurtle.com.

Not sure how up to date it is, but it is available in his channel for applications.

7. mhutchings

mhutchings Guest

One last things, the Mambo version was downloaded with the rcent 8.0.1 update, so I cannot confirm if it was available on any of my servers prior to that.

8. CruzMark

CruzMark Basic Pleskian

23%
    We just switched to Installatron, and I have to say that I'm 100 percent pleased with it.

They release new updates and patches for it several times a week, and they've been responsive to all of my support requests, sometimes releasing patches within hours of my reporting an issue.

They even wrote a quick script for me to do some backend stuff while I was still running and testing the demo product, before I'd given them any money.

For the apps that you get and the service they provide, it was well worth the one time fee (per server) of $110.

http://www.installatron.com/