• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Applicatiopn pack missing applications ?

E

ednique

I noticed no mambo and no more xrms ???

my host told me:
Unfortunately, Plesk 8 changes some things, one of which is that Mambo is removed, and some other applications also. You can contact SW-Soft at +1 713 815 5670 about this matter.
Also, we recommend not using Mambo, as you will most likely be hacked if you use it. It's a very dangerous application at this time.

How can SWSOFT then still advertising on their site that the application pack contains More then 30 applications?
I believe there are exactly 30 now...

Shoudn't this then also be published on the "What's new" of the plesk 8?

:mad:

Yeah, they've slowly been weeding out the Applications. When they first introduced the Vault, I had almost 40 Applications.
They're very good about taking them out... not so hot on adding any in.

strange...

in the releasenotes of 8.0.0
37. [*] Mambo CMS and reorganization
Mambo CMS and osCommerce applications have been moved to Application Vault.

in the releasenotes of 8.0.1
If you plan to use site applications, you should install the following packages from the 'dist-rpm-FedoraCore-4-i386/opt/vault' directory of your Plesk distribution:
xrms-1.19-80010.noarch.rpm
Mambo-4.5.2.3-80005.noarch.rpm

CONFUSED

Can anyone confirm that Mambo is no longer part of the application pack???

in 8.0.1 release notes they write this:
5. [+] new applications in Application Vault
There are new applications:

eGroupWare is a very flexible pluggable framework capable of hosting applications.
Geeklog is a weblog powered by PHP and MySQL. It allows you within minutes to set up a fully functioning dynamic website, and has many features to get you started.
phpwebsite complete web site content management system.
pMachine is online publishing's most flexible and creative software.
Siteframe is a lightweight content-management system designed for the rapid deployment of community-based websites.

How about the newest version of Mambo being added into the App Vault? I'm new to using Plesk, but I can't believe that the writters aren't keeping up with latest versions. From what I can tell on Mambo's web site, they are 2 revisions behind... What's the deal?

I took a look at a couple of our servers and all of them had Mambo installed in the application vault. Perhaps it has something to do with the server Os and the way Plesk updates things?

oh, and the Joomla variant of Mambo is available on AtomicRocketTurtle.com.

Not sure how up to date it is, but it is available in his channel for applications.

One last things, the Mambo version was downloaded with the rcent 8.0.1 update, so I cannot confirm if it was available on any of my servers prior to that.

We just switched to Installatron, and I have to say that I'm 100 percent pleased with it.

They release new updates and patches for it several times a week, and they've been responsive to all of my support requests, sometimes releasing patches within hours of my reporting an issue.

They even wrote a quick script for me to do some backend stuff while I was still running and testing the demo product, before I'd given them any money.

For the apps that you get and the service they provide, it was well worth the one time fee (per server) of $110.

http://www.installatron.com/

Back