• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Are server logs (/var/log) included in server-wide Plesk backups?

Akrolis

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.44#1
Hi,

sorry if this was asked before but I couldn't find it.

I usually deal with subscription backups and I'm pretty familiar with each section of the backup. But I'm a bit at loss with the structure of server-wide Plesk backups.

Right now I only need to know if the /var/log directory is included in a complete server-wide backup and if so, where to find it in the backup file.

Thanks in advance.

I think it depends on whether the Exclude log files option is enabled in server-wide Scheduled Backup Settings.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I need to access an older version of maillog and can't find it on a full -no excluded log files- server backup.

Anyone can confirm in which tzst file inside a full backup the maillog files are?

Thanks.

The system-wide logs are not included in backups.

Well, that's too bad.

How can I increase the number of log files for maillog? This is my current /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf (OS: Debian 10):
Code:
/var/log/maillog.processed {
        missingok
        rotate 3
        size    10M
        compress
        nocreate
}

With that I have up to maillog.processed.3.gz and that's about 7 days of logs total. I would like to have maybe a month's worth of mail logs.

Change the "rotate" number to the desired number of processed files.

Have a look at this instruction for more info:

Last edited:
Reactions: JVG
Sorry for bumping the thread as it is indeed Resolved.

It turns out, for my particular case, the rotated mail.info files had the data I needed.

Just a FYI if anyone is in the same position.

Back