• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

asp.net framework still shows 2.0 after upgrade to 4.0

J

jeffamm

My dedicated server is running windows server 2003 R2 and we just upgraded it to Plesk 9.5.3 per Igor's report that this is the version needed for the .net framework 4.0. After installing the framework 4 the various Plesk screens that indicate the .net version still indicate 2.0 as in

Framework Version
Version 2.0.50727.3053

We tried rebooting Plesk and then rebooted the server with no change.

Are we missing something where you tell Plesk to use 4.0, or is something not working correctly?

Try to run something like:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspn et_regiis.exe -iru -enable
"%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng" --fix

It should register .NET 4 permanently.

Will I need to reboot Plesk or my server after running this?

Igor, thank you, it worked and I did not need to reboot Plesk or the server

Two notes for anyone else trying this - the two lines need to be run one at a time, and there is a typo in the first line. So here's the corrected version:

From the Command Prompt on the server desktop, first run:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -iru -enable

and then when that completes, run (including quotes):

"%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng" --fix

Then for me, when I went to my Domains in Plesk, clicked on a domain, then clicked on Web Hosting Setting, the "Microsoft ASP.NET support" line under "Services" has changed to a drop down box where I can select either 2.0 or 4.0

Thank you for the fix, i had same problem when i was installing new VPS now, and this helped!

Also, i don't know if it was on purpose or not, but there is no space in "aspn et_regiis.exe", should be "aspnet_regiis.exe".

Thanks again.

Back