• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk shows me package upgrades for 57 packages, but when i click it it says that all is up-to-date...?

jmar83

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.47 Update #2
Hi there

System:
Plesk 18.x Obsidian on Debian 10.x

Problem description:
I logged in into my Plesk Server, then it has shown me TWO upgrade buttons:

1.) Upgrade from 18.0.47 Update #1 to 18.0.47 Update #2

2.) The package upgrade button

....first, i was clicking onto the package upgrade button, because i was thinking it's better to upgrade the Debian 10.x packages BEFORE i apply the Upgrade to Plesk 18.0.47 Update #2.

So i've done that... after the Plesk 18.0.47 Update #2 installation, i

1.) Mark "Update was applied" notification as read
2.) Logged out from plesk
3.) Opened a SSH console in root mode an entered that command to cleanup and update once again command: rm -rf /var/cache/apt/archives && sleep 1 && apt purge --autoremove && sleep 2 && apt clean && sleep 1 && apt update

4.) Then done a "init 6" soft reboot via SSH
-> After all that steps, the Debian 10.x package upgrade button is still there with its same behavior: When i click it it still says that all is up-to-date... firstly, i was thinkg that OS upgrade button will hide after Plesk 18.0.47 Update #2 installation. But i will not. Same behavior as before 18.0.47 Update #2 installation. (which means same behavior as on version 18.0.47 Update #1)

Why that? There is something inconsistent / buggy...

1.jpg

Then, when i click on it:

2.jpg

Thank you very much for your feedback(s)... :)

Best regards, Jan

That's an inconsistency. Plesk only notices that the updates are already installed during the morning update check...

If you're doing this via ssh on the command line, you'll need some patience.

Back