• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

ASP.Net MVC3 installation on Windows Server 2008 R2 having Plesk 11.0.9 (windows)

VikramjeetK

New Pleskian
Hi,

I need to install ASP.Net MVC3 on Windows Server 2008 R2 having Plesk Panel 11.0.9 (windows) . There are n no. of sites hosted on this server. I just want to confirm if anyone has faced any issues/problems/consequences on websites ( hosted on Plesk 11.0.9 ) after installing MVC3 on server.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have referred to the link you provided but i couldn't find anywhere written that plesk 11.0.9 does not support Microsoft MVC3.

Hi,

As checked, Plesk 12.0 does not support ASP.Net 4.5 (supports only 4.0 as per the link you provided ) but its lower version plesk 11.0.9 does give support on ASP.Net 4.5.

Could you please explain on above why ASP.Net 4.5 support is excluded in Plesk 12.0 ?

Hi,

As checked, Plesk 12.0 does not support ASP.Net 4.5 (supports only 4.0 as per the link you provided ) but its lower version plesk 11.0.9 does give support on ASP.Net 4.5.

Could you please explain on above why ASP.Net 4.5 support is excluded in Plesk 12.0 ?

My query is that we are in process to migrate windows server 2008 to windows server 2012 and so current version of plesk on windows server 2008 is 11.0.9 and which are thinking to migrate to windows server 2012 with plesk version 12.x. Now we have several client hosted on plesk 11.0.9 which are running on .net 4.5 and as you said that .net 4.5 is not support in plesk 12 version than what is conclusion ? how we can proceed with migration for those website which are already using .net 4.5 in existing plesk 11.0.9 server ?

Thanks,
Vikramjeet Kaur

Looks like it is mistake in Plesk 12 RN. ASP.NET 4.5 is supported by Plesk 12 too. We will fix RN soon.

Back