• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP support (Component was not installed)

C

croosie

Hi,

Please can someone advise with this.

I have just installed a win2003 server, and completed the plesk install.

What i didn't realise was the win2003 standard come with asp service in IIS prohibited (stopped) by default .I only set it to allowed after the plesk install.

I now have a situation where plesk does not recognise ASP and says the component was not installed. Infact i have the same issue with a few other services as well, which i dont know where to turn them on. ie :

Microsoft FrontPage support (Component was not installed)
SSI support (Component was not installed)
ColdFusion support (Component was not installed)
Miva support (Component was not installed)

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kirwin Paulsen

Hi Sergius,

I have just checked now, and IIS >> World Wide Web Service >> Active server Pages is ticked.

Although frontpage wasn't and i ticked that.

Any other options ?

Thanks

Kirwin

I have just checked now, and IIS >> World Wide Web Service >> Active server Pages is ticked.
Yep, it is stupid issue.
Please uninstall ASP through Add or Remove Windows Components and install it again.
Next go to Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Refresh.

THANK MAN, that worked like a charm

Can you also tell me where to post a suggestion for the upcomming release of plesk windows ?

Thanks

Kirwin

Hi,

i've the same problem with my plesk 8.3 on win2k3

I've tryed to disinstall and reinstall the ASP but without success the plesk still tell me that the component ASP arent installed (ASP.NET yes) ...

How i can resolve?

Regards,
Daniele Mancini.

Sorry nothing.. i've resolved!

I forgotten the refresh :p

Thanks!

After i click refresh on one of the servers on the components page, it just takes forever and then times out. SSI still not working... is there any other way to refresh the components list?

I have no other solution besides Sergius' one.

That one worked fine for me.

Thanks

Kirwin Paulsen

ASP support (Component was not installed)...but it is!

Yep, it is stupid issue.
Please uninstall ASP through Add or Remove Windows Components and install it again.
Next go to Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Refresh.

No luck for me. I´m having this issue on 2 servers.
An old 8.4 and a brand new install 9.0.
In both cases this won´t solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Back