• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question auth SMTP for internally generated domain messages

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I am not too familair with the Plesk mail configuration and I am not running any mail service for my domains; I only configure it to enable mail messages to get delivered from the websites contact forms. In general I succeed by disabling the mail services, no mail account and just setting up the MX records, even when my server is not hosting the dns zone (which is the most common scenario).

I now have a case where for a particular domain I have to use an external SMTP relay in authenticated mode. I can setup the MX record to be something like domainxyz.mail.protection.outlook.com, but how and where do I define the mail account to use for the authentication?
I read Plesk documentation and other posts, but the more I read the more confused I become... can anybody help, please?

Regards
Franco

Hi Franco,

but how and where do I define the mail account to use for the authentication?
This has to be done inside the corresponding website ( php / html / ... ), or the corresponding setup - site for your contact forms. If you would be more precise ( i.e. by including / providing the used php/html/... - file ), we would be able to help you with suggestions or examples. For now, I would suggest to visit for example:

Thanks; I haven't fully resolved my query yet, but at least I know which direction to go for :)

Back