• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Auto renew of let's encrypt certificates not Let's encrypt

Dirk

Basic Pleskian
They are only 20 days left until all of my certificates expire. Which indicates that the auto renew function of letsencrypt does not work. I ran the command manually and it returns no error message. I also checked panel.og and there is no recent entry.
Any ideas what I could do next?

Which command did you run, was the output completely empty?

Also, have you specified log-requests = on under the [ext-letsencrypt] section in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini? Do you have any other customized Let's Encrypt settings, e.g. we're using renew-before-expiration = N, where N is a number of days quite a bit less than 30...

Thanks for responding.
I ran

/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/keep-secured.php'

and there is no output.

Will check the entries you mentioned and report back.

I now added
log-requests = on

To
[ext-letsencrypt] section in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini

And ran
opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/keep-secured.php'

There is still no error in

/var/log/plesk/panel.log

Any more ideas? :(

Check your /var/log/plesk/panel.log file. The Let's encrypt renewal job log to that file if anything went wrong.

Check your /var/log/plesk/panel.log file. The Let's encrypt renewal job log to that file if anything went wrong.
As I wrote earlier, there is unfortunately no error message in /var/log/plesk/panel.log
:(

What should I do next?

The strange thing is that the auto renewal used to work perfectly for years now and I haven't changed anything on the system.

you can try to enable log-requests in panel.ini and see if it makes any difference
Managing Let’s Encrypt Settings

in the past under onyx I faced something simular and an reinstallation of the letsencrypt extension was the only way to solve it

Last edited:
you can try to enable log-requests in panel.ini and see if it makes any difference
Managing Let’s Encrypt Settings
in the past under onyx I faced something simular and an reinstallation of the letsencrypt extension was the only way to solve it
I already added
log-requests = on
To [ext-letsencrypt] section in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini

And about uninstalling and reinstalling the extension:
Can I simply do that without losing anything important?

Back