• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Autoinstaller 3 Broken

N

nwdhosting

Hi -

I have a RedHat 9 system with Plesk 7.5.4 on it. Like many others, I use the ART repository to keep various things on my system up-to-date.

With Autoinstaller 2, this wasn't a problem. However since upgrading to Autoinstaller 3, I can no longer do any updates.

The error message returned in the e-mails is:

Reading system installed packages...done.
Download file plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.hdr.gz: 15%..35%..55%..75%..94%..100% done
Download file plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.hdr.gz: 18%..31%..45%..58%..72%..86%..100% done
Resolve components
ERROR: Impossible do installation while package php-pear-1:4.4.2-3.rh90.art.i386 is installed in system
ERROR: Installation failed

Looking at the end of the /tmp/autoinstaller3.log file, I found the following:

find files conflicts for php-4.3.2-psa.rh9.1.i386
Files conflict detected: necessary package php-4.3.2-psa.rh9.1.i386 have file /usr/bin/pear which is also provided by package php-pear-1:4.4.2-3.rh90.art.i386 with different md5 sum, try to resolve this situation.
Unresolved files conflict: necessary package php-4.3.2-psa.rh9.1.i386 have the file /usr/bin/pear. Other package php-pear-1:4.4.2-3.rh90.art.i386 is provides the same file with different md5sum and there is no upgrade or obsolete solution, add to removable list php-pear
catch error with message: Impossible do installation while package php-pear-1:4.4.2-3.rh90.art.i386 is installed in system
ERROR: Impossible do installation while package php-pear-1:4.4.2-3.rh90.art.i386 is installed in system
Exit with ERROR status

It looks like the PSA RPMs are conflicting with the ART RPMs, but I'm unsure how to fix the problem.

What I need is either:
1.) A way to fix this so that autoinstaller3 will work again, or failing that . . .

2.) A way to download updates that doesn't use autoinstaller3

Thanks, in advance.

Noah Kaufman
NWD Hosting

Solved my own problem - sort of...

Using the information here:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32350
(check out the last post)

I was at least able to get the autoinstaller to copy all the files down to /root/psa/..., although of course when it insisted on attempting to reinstall PHP it failed.

I then went through and installed the downloaded RPMs by hand, and now the autoinstaller tels me that my system is up-to-date.

Not a perfect ending, but at least the server is up-to-date.

Long term, I think that perhaps autoinstaller3 needs a couple of updates to make it a little smarter (or dumber, depending on your perspective) so that it will just allow the install to proceed if it finds RPMs of a later version than it expects.

Back