• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWS AMI's for Plesk 12

jrclark

New Pleskian
This article http://kb.odin.com/en/122222 talks about Plesk 12 AMI's for Amazon EC2. It even provides an AWS Marketplace link. However, these AMI's are nowhere to found on AWS. Have they been removed? Will they be returned?

The current AMI's are EC2-classic only and don't support Parallels-recommended operating system (CentOS7).

Thanks!

John

Thank you for notification. Yes, it is known problem and we are working on it. Please be patient.

We are in process of technology conversation with Amazon about AMIs. Consider it work in progress. Hope to complete very soon

Is there any news about this?
I already have an instance with plesk 11.5 (updated from 11.0.9 AMI), I want to make a fresh install, what´s the way to go? Install the current 11.0.9 AMI and upgrade to plesk 12, use the autoinstall (but, is plesk 12 compatible with ec2? Will I need the amazon_setup_ip script?)
There is a "Buy Plesk 12 from AWS" button in the plesk.com website, but I can´t still find any plesk 12 ami on marketplace.
This information should be simple to get, I am a customer who wants to buy a product, i´m sure there are many people in the same situation, plesk loses with it.
Well, sorry my english, and thanks in advance for any information about this.

Hi Sergey,

I installed AMI "Bring Your Own License" Version on an EC2 Instance with an RDS MS SQLExpress 2012 DB. The Connection String fails when I try to install the DNNSoftware CMS ASP.Net application. Amazon Support engineers have looked it over and cannot find any problems with security or connectivity. I can create a DB on Amazon RDS using Plesk 12.0.18. I can connect from my desktop to the DB via MS SQL Management Studio. I found this article in Odin support and verified that SQL is configured to run with "NetworkService". (http://kb.odin.com/en/124715)

Here are the iterations attemped to connectString:

using the RDS endpoint

<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=alto-db.vvvvvxxxxxxx.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com\SQLEXPRESS;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=alto-db.vvvvvxxxxxxx.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=alto-db.vvvvvxxxxxxx.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com,1433;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=alto-db.vvvvvxxxxxxx.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com\MSSQLSERVER2012;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=alto-db.vvvvvxxxxxxx.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com\SQLEXPRESS2012;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />

using IP:

<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=54.1.23.xxx;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=54.1.23.xxx,1433;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=54.1.23.xxx\SQLEXPRESS;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=54.1.23.xxxMSSQLSERVER2012;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />
<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=54.1.23.xxx\SQLEXPRESS2012;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />

The Control Suite indicates that this string is Valid: <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="server=54.1.23.xxx;database=altodb;uid=alto_user;pwd=XXXX;" />

The error returned when attempting to the run the App install scripts which build the DB tables is "db connection path format not supported"

Can you assist?

Last edited:
Back