• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Awstats

E

e-visions

Built in awstats support would be nice, its a much better stats program then webalizer. Don't get rid of webalizer though, let's have support for both.

I'd take AWstats over Webalizer any day. Without even thinking.

We've developed a custom solution that creates awstats statistics for any website created in our plesk 6.5

Any chance of sharing that awstat solution? I cant even get webalizer to work. Plesk has been trying to fix for 2 weeks with no success. I even reinstalled the entire server from scratch ... still broken.

If sw-soft themselves ask about the add-on, I will send them , but I don't think sharing it here it's a good idea.

stats

How about privately. Problem is my webstats wont work. plesk has been trying for 2 weeks. I even reinstalled the server from scratch and started over. Real dilemna is that i told my customers that they would get a bull until i had all features working.. My mistake..

Ok how about a hint on how you set it up...LOL

Anyhow realy, email me at [email protected] if you would be willing to share some details on setting it up globally.

Just process C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\LogFiles\W3SVCXXX and create from it the needed logfiles for awstats. Remember to do it BEFORE statistics.exe is executed :)

stats

are you adding the awstat files into every single sites cgi-bin or creating static pages for them to view? Is there a way in awstat to read all log files instead of specifying the day? *.log definately did not work

You have to create one daily log file in a separate directory for each website you have in plesk, and create an awstats.website.conf file in awstats dir, and use updateall.pl script to update all the awstats sites.

Got that part.. Are you having each client site loaded up with all the .pls in their cgi-bin? Or somehow redirecting them to a centrallocation? Did you get it setup in the default skeleton so each time a new site is created in plesk it gets the awstats created or is that a manual process.

My system creates config files and log directory for each website in my plesk each night. If a website is new and it still hasn't them, it just creates it.

stats

Id love to have complete detail on how you set that up. Especially how it is creating them and how the client gets to their stats.

Plesk has been working for over 3 weeks now to get my stats working to no avail.

fralolo, did you have to change the log format to get awstats working, or does the current log format work? Did you install all the awstats files in each client's cgi-bin, or did you find a way to do a central setup?

I'm probably going to set ths up for my clients as I had awstats on my windows machine before I switched to plesk, and webalizer just isn't as good. I don't know why sw-soft used webalizer, its easier to setup awstats on windows and its better.

stats

Well Put evision. That is more what i am concerned with is the central setup or having to put all files in everyone cgi-bin.. That is what i am trying to avoid. Even tried static pages but they are just not the same.

stats

Bummer: Not the response we were hoping for:confused:

had a few ideas but not seeming loike good ones yet. FYI rumor has it plesk is planning awstats in next version

Heh, nice response. If I put this together I probably post here how to do it, sounds like there is interest.

Does SW-Soft have a list of the features that are listed for 7, and a release date? If they are going to be releasing it soon I doubt I'd go to the trouble.....

Back