• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Azure DNS Overwritten

MIchael Cockinos

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Microsoft Windows 6.3;build-9600;sp0.0;suite400;product3
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.43 Update #1
Hi Everyone,
I use WHMCS/Plesk for my hosting business. A while ago, maybe 2 years, I installed the Azure DNS extension and it works fine.

I have had a few instances though, where Plesk overwrites the DNS entries I create in the Azure Portal. Particularly annoying when I add custom values to a customers record for Stripe etc.

Just wondering, in Plesk do I setup the DNS as master or slave? Will setting to slave stop the overwrites?

Thanks in advance

Michael Cockinos
Redhot Internet Solutions Pty Ltd

From my own limited testing here, it appears that Plesk expects itself to be the master. Consequently, if you make changes to your Azure DNS, and later update a record on Plesk, it'll revert Azure DNS to the contents of the zone on Plesk. You essentially have to use one or the other and stick to it, which makes it difficult if you have a team of technical support technicians wanting to use Azure, while your Devs are wanting to use Plesk. Makes it more difficult if you want to use Azure DNS primarily and have a wildcard LetsEncrypt.

Back