• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup error: Warning: Extension "Git"Unable to back up extension. Error: Failed to exec backup_restore_helper: Exit code: 3: System user unavailabl

Martijn_mb

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.6.1810/CentOS 7.9.2009/AlmaLinux 8.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.46 Update #2,/Version 18.0.47 Update #4
This morning we got warnings on our overnight backup tasks on 6 different servers running Plesk 18.0.46/18.0.47, some a bit older on CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 and CentOS 7.9.2009 others on AlmaLinux 8.6.

All warnings are the same:
Warning: Extension "Git"
Unable to back up extension. Error: Failed to exec backup_restore_helper: Exit code: 3: System user unavailable
On 1 server the warning is repeated 20+ times, the others range from 3 to 10 warnings. The server with 20+ warnings has a lot more domains/websites running on it compared to the other servers. But all of them have 30+ sites running on them - but the number is of warnings is not equal to the number of sites using the Git extention.

But we also have a couple of other servers running simular setups and same Plesk versions without these warings in there backup tasks. And on these the Git extention is installed and used on a couple of domains.

Any suggestion what this might be and how we can remove these warnings from our backup tasks?

I have this too

Plesk: Version 18.0.46 Update #2

Going to update to 18.0.47

The error is (3 times - Incremental backup - Yesterday worked fine):
Warning: Extension "Git"
Unable to back up extension. Error: Failed to exec backup_restore_helper: Exit code: 3: System user unavailable

Hi, same thing here, on 3 servers, for other servers no warnings
I've seen that there was an update to do of the git extension, I've made it (after the warnings).
Could be that the reason?

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the backup:

Plesk: Version 18.0.47 Update #4

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the backup:

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.47_build1800221017.13

I have had the same update on servers today, however only on the one backup that was running during the update. A new backup did not show the error. I assume that something was changed during the update so that the backup process was disturbed, but on new backups things should be alright again. Can any of you confirm this?

I have had the same update on servers today, however only on the one backup that was running during the update. A new backup did not show the error. I assume that something was changed during the update so that the backup process was disturbed, but on new backups things should be alright again. Can any of you confirm this?
I'll confirm tomorrow how the backup went tonight (will be incremental also, i think)

I've just checked the overnight backups - all servers with the warning on yesterdays overnight backup are now without warning.

Two days without the error, only the one I reported.

Back