• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup failing, no warning by mail

mow

Silver Pleskian
Hello,

backup failed due to insufficient space on ftp.

Before the update to 17.8, I would in this case get a mail with the error:

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

Runtime error: Unable to upload the backup to the FTP storage: Curl error: Unable to resume an interrupted upload: (55) Failed sending data to the peer: Last FTP request: APPE backup_domain.com_1909120321.tar: Last FTP response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for backup_domain.com_1909120321.tar: Connection to the FTP server has lost​

Now, I can see this error only in the backup manager at /smb/backup/list/domainId/1 listed as "some minor issues". I think it's a pretty major issue if the backup can't be uploaded to backup storage. Also, both backups are listed as two tasks, of which one is marked as successful:
plesk backup issues.png

Now after two days, I am getting error mails from Plesk:
The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:
Not enough free disk space to backup selected objects. At least 123298.04 MBytes free disk space is required.​
These are NOT shown in the backup manager, and the cause is that both backups are still lying around in plesk's backup building location /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/domain.com as the individual components backup_domainmail_1910180321.tgz, backup_user-data_1910180321.tgz, etc.
The old plesk version 17.0 had the same problem back in 2017, but it was eventually fixed so plesk would clean up those leftover files from the previous attempt on a new backup run. Why was this behavior dropped in 17.8?

Back