• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Backup failing, no warning by mail

mow

Silver Pleskian
Hello,

backup failed due to insufficient space on ftp.

Before the update to 17.8, I would in this case get a mail with the error:

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

Runtime error: Unable to upload the backup to the FTP storage: Curl error: Unable to resume an interrupted upload: (55) Failed sending data to the peer: Last FTP request: APPE backup_domain.com_1909120321.tar: Last FTP response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for backup_domain.com_1909120321.tar: Connection to the FTP server has lost​

Now, I can see this error only in the backup manager at /smb/backup/list/domainId/1 listed as "some minor issues". I think it's a pretty major issue if the backup can't be uploaded to backup storage. Also, both backups are listed as two tasks, of which one is marked as successful:
plesk backup issues.png

Now after two days, I am getting error mails from Plesk:
The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:
Not enough free disk space to backup selected objects. At least 123298.04 MBytes free disk space is required.​
These are NOT shown in the backup manager, and the cause is that both backups are still lying around in plesk's backup building location /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/domain.com as the individual components backup_domainmail_1910180321.tgz, backup_user-data_1910180321.tgz, etc.
The old plesk version 17.0 had the same problem back in 2017, but it was eventually fixed so plesk would clean up those leftover files from the previous attempt on a new backup run. Why was this behavior dropped in 17.8?

Back