• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Backup Manager (and migrator) not working after failed inplace upgrade

BobClaas

Basic Pleskian
Im currently migrating from centos 7 to 8. Inplace upgrade failed and now the server has several problems.
since we werent able to fix them, we decided to migrate to a new server.

The migration tool failes on creating a backup file:
subscription-status-warning.png
Failed to create the remote configuration dump on the target server. Not all settings may be migrated.
Error message: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fug=rw,Dug=rwx,o= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20240729010624/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-cre8nlip7dklvyeawiwoeon09zfkasb8/backup.tar /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20240729010624/plesk.backup.source.downloaded.dump.tar
exit code: 23
stdout:
stderr: rsync: link_stat "/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-cre8nlip7dklvyeawiwoeon09zfkasb8/backup.tar" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1670) [Receiver=3.1.3]
rsync: [Receiver] write error: Broken pipe (32)

The file does not exist.
Going on the older server to the backup section, i get the following screen

500 PleskPMMResponseException​

Failed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output:
TypePleskPMMResponseException
MessageFailed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output:
FilePMMConnector.php
Line

i tried repair tools. Uninstall en reinstall components like one drive backup.
I'm lost atm

[root@server temp]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmmcli --get-tasks-list Backup
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 339, in execute
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 269, in _wrap_coverage
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 301, in _wrap_profiling
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 382, in _execute
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 440, in execute_entry
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/.bootstrap/_pex/pex.py", line 445, in execute_module
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/runpy.py", line 208, in run_module
return _run_code(code, {}, init_globals, run_name, mod_spec)
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 10, in <module>
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli/pmm_api_xml_protocols.py", line 35, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lxml'
[root@server temp]# strace -e trace=open /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmmcli --get-tasks-list Backup 2>&1 | grep lxml

Try installing the missing lxml python module with pip3 install lxml

However there might also be an issue with the python version on your server. If installing the lxml python module does not solve the issue I would recommend opening a support ticket with out support team for an investigation of the issue. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Try installing the missing lxml python module with pip3 install lxml

However there might also be an issue with the python version on your server. If installing the lxml python module does not solve the issue I would recommend opening a support ticket with out support team for an investigation of the issue. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk
lxml is allready installed.
Requirement already satisfied: lxml in /usr/local/lib64/python3.6/site-packages

Will there be support when i buy it, cause i'm trying to migrate from CentOS 7?

Yes, with CentOS 7 your are still eligible for support because we have Extended Lifecycle (ELS) Support for CentOS 7. Which can be purchased separately if you bought you Plesk license directly from our Plesk store. If you got your Plesk license via a reseller (for example your hosting provider) then ELS is automatically provided to you by your license reseller.

Does that answer your questions?

Back