• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Backup Manager DNS Resolution Problem

Webbenny

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
Backup Manager DNS Resolution Problem
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx, Version 17.8.11 Update #46, Ubuntu 18.04
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I can't setup a remote location under FTP Storage Settings with a domain which is not hosted locally. It got the error:

Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.

I've found no entries in the /var/log/plesk/panel.log and /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/pmmcli.log.

See more details here: Issue - Backup Manager - DNS resolution problem
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. Setup a FTP Storage for backups.
  2. Enter a domain, which not points to the server.
  3. Click OK so save.
ACTUAL RESULT:
Can't confirm the location. Error
Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.
appears.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Backup location should work fine.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The backup is generally possible and works with /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Answer the question

I'm afraid that developers will not be able to help you without a detailed investigation of the problem directly on your server. Therefore, I would advise you to contact the Plesk Support Team.

>> Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.

I see you mention it's hosted remotely, but do you possibly have a local DNS zone?

Such a ****. I bought my licence from a reseller. So I'm not able to submit support tickets here.
(We identified that the license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.)

Such a ****. I bought my licence from a reseller. So I'm not able to submit support tickets here.
(We identified that the license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.)

Your reseller can always open a support request on your behalf......

Back