• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Manager DNS Resolution Problem

Webbenny

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
Backup Manager DNS Resolution Problem
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx, Version 17.8.11 Update #46, Ubuntu 18.04
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I can't setup a remote location under FTP Storage Settings with a domain which is not hosted locally. It got the error:

Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.

I've found no entries in the /var/log/plesk/panel.log and /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/pmmcli.log.

See more details here: Issue - Backup Manager - DNS resolution problem
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. Setup a FTP Storage for backups.
  2. Enter a domain, which not points to the server.
  3. Click OK so save.
ACTUAL RESULT:
Can't confirm the location. Error
Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.
appears.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Backup location should work fine.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The backup is generally possible and works with /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Answer the question

I'm afraid that developers will not be able to help you without a detailed investigation of the problem directly on your server. Therefore, I would advise you to contact the Plesk Support Team.

>> Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.

I see you mention it's hosted remotely, but do you possibly have a local DNS zone?

Such a ****. I bought my licence from a reseller. So I'm not able to submit support tickets here.
(We identified that the license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.)

Such a ****. I bought my licence from a reseller. So I'm not able to submit support tickets here.
(We identified that the license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers.)

Your reseller can always open a support request on your behalf......

Back