• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup message. Why?

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
why am I sent this backup message? It only happens sometimes and contains no errors...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="success" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2016-02-24-020809.422/migration.result"/>

Have a look into the result file. Mine states:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <execution-result log-location="/opt/psa/PMM/sessions/2016-02-24-100202.261/migration.result" status="warnings">
    <object type="server" name="server">
      <object uuid="domain#(DOMAIN)" type="domain" name="(DOMAIN)">
        <object type="hosting" name="(DOMAIN)">
          <message id="518c8d73-04ba-45ba-8547-1e1b67762dfd" severity="warning" code="msgtext">
            <description>Hosting on domain (DOMAIN) is skipped from backup due to error: &#39;undef&#39; value passed to XmlNode::setAttribute for &#39;name&#39; at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/XmlNode.pm line 110.
</description>
          </message>
        </object>
      </object>
    </object>
  </execution-result>

I've contacted support. They say I have to purchase a support ticket for a few hundred dollars, so that they check my server. If it's their fault (I never expirienced a company saying anything was their fault), I'll get the money back... So I have to life with a server throwing this message daily. Due to the fact that the backup zip file contains the backup data, I have to life with that...

That is my results file and there is nothing in the log. The results say 'success'.

I only get it a couple of times a week even though it backs up nightly.

I've contacted support. They say I have to purchase a support ticket for a few hundred dollars, so that they check my server. If it's their fault (I never expirienced a company saying anything was their fault), I'll get the money back...
It sounds suspicious. Could you please give me this support ticket ID? I would like to check this statement about "few hundred dollars" from our supporter.

To find the answer you have to check your backup logs for any errors or warnings. Possibly with debug logging turned on.
As soon as you have execution status = success, I guess it can be some fault action after backup.
If there are no errors in the log files you may simply ignore such letters

The logs are empty.

If the systems sends a "success" message and the logs are empty surely there is a bug in Plesk?

I don't want random emails telling me there is nothing wrong.

@Pagemakers

You could or should also have a look at

a) "Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Schedule (click on it)": it can be the case that a task is present, with a configuration that renders a mail message to a mail address, if anything went wrong. If you uncheck the checkbox, you will not get the message anymore.

b) any other crontask, related to backup or migration.

c) older backup tasks that did not finish properly (just use ps aux | grep ...), but this would be an exceptional case.

Regards...

A) that is checked but why would the email send when nothing went wrong. The results say 'status = success'

@Pagemakers

It can be the case, as @Dmitry Y. pointed out, that some faulty action results in an error after backup, still forcing the "error notification by mail" to be sent.

I also have seen (other peculiar) cases in which old backups kept sending mails and/or that a coincidence of (on the one hand) log rotation or other scheduled tasks that require some (relative) intensive resource usage and (on the other hand) the backup task (scheduled on "busy" moments in time) caused the "error notification by mail".

Regards....

This is still happening all the time. Random domains send emails saying the backup is fine. I will get 4-5 notifications a week.

Back