• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup procedure - a bug?

C

Cadey

hello

I need to backup my plesk domains more than 1 time a day.
The graphical interface allow to backup only 1 a day...

So I've decided to schedule a "pleskbackup domains ...." command line.
Is this correct? Does this backup everything ? (mails, mysql database, files, DNS...)

It seems to do the backup correctly, but how to restore then if I have problem?
Using the graphical interface, I see the red-cross saying "this is not a backup file" or "backup incorrect". And I cannot use the file to restore.

Is this a known bug?
is there any command line to restore?

Thanks!

>So I've decided to schedule a "pleskbackup domains ...." command line.
>Is this correct? Does this backup everything ? (mails, mysql database, files, DNS...)

If you choose "pleskbackup domains" it will backup just your website.

To backup the server configuration settings and all user data you have on your hosting machine, including server and control panel configuration, remote database servers, license keys, user accounts, Web sites, databases, and mailboxes with e-mail messages,

1. Log in as root to your server.
2. Change to the directory, where Plesk is installed:

cd /plesk_installation_directory/bin
3. Run the following command:

./pleskbackup all <filename>

>It seems to do the backup correctly, but how to restore then if I have problem?
>Using the graphical interface, I see the red-cross saying "this is not a backup file" or >"backup incorrect". And I cannot use the file to restore. Is this a known bug?

I have not heard about it. Does backup performs correctly? Have you notice any error messahes?

>is there any command line to restore?

yes, you can restore it by the following way:
/plesk_installation_directory/bin/pleskrestore --restore <backup file name> -map <map file name> -level all

More detailes and information you can fins here:

http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/docs/
Backup and Restore Utilities Administrator's Guide

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.3/Doc/en-US/plesk-8.3-unix-administrators-guide/index.htm
Restoring Data From Backup Archives

Back