• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Backup restore git repository missing

TobiasP

Regular Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Backup restore git repository missing

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #3 on Debian 9.13

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When restoring a full plesk server backup created on a 18.0.44 U3 Debian 9.13 to an fresh install 18.0.45 U2 on Debian 11 domains with more than one git repository associated with them only get one of them restored.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Have a domain with multiple git repositories
Create server backup
Restore backup on a new install

ACTUAL RESULT

I have one dromain with two git repositories assosiated and one domain with four git repositories after the restore each domain has only one git repository

EXPECTED RESULT

A restore from backup should restore all the configured git repositories, not just one

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Developers can't reproduce this issue. Please provide more details for reproducing or contact Plesk Support Team:

I can report that it also happens if I only restore a site or subdomain from the backup.
the only error in the restore log relevant is: "Failed to restore the extension git: This directory is already protected." though I have no idea what this could mean.. and also it only shows up two times... but the site restored has four git repositories... and one gets restored so I would think that this error should come up three times (since in the end only one of four git repos is there?)

Post additional details to reproduce the problem in this thread, and I will send that additional information to the developers.

Okay I can also reproduce the issue on the same server - I created a subscription testdomain.local and added three local git repositories. then I created a backup for this subscription. deleted all three repositories did the restore from the backup for the "whole subscription" and after the restore is complete only one git repo is restored.

1659599597486.png
1659599626592.png
1659599681944.png
pre restore:
1659599715566.png
starting the restore:
1659599948967.png
restore log:
1659600061447.png

repos after restore:
1659600077214.png

Back