• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Restore Issue

onsightdata

Regular Pleskian
I deleted a domain and am trying to recreate it and then restore a backup of it. However I am getting the error that user already exists when setting up hosting. I can create another username for the hosting setup however once the backup restore runs it tries to create the orignal username. I have checked /etc/passwd and the user doesn't exist there. Does plesk keep a list of users somewere that i need to remove the entry before attemping the restore?

I understand from reading previous posts that i might have to remove the user from the clients table in the database. Anyone care to explain that a bit more to me? Or if someone knows if i can restore a backup and specify a differnet username to restore it under that would be perfect.

** Update **

Not a fix by any means , but a work around for now. I went to my other plesk server , created the domain on that server, went and changed the account name , did a backup and took that backup to the server with the issue and restored it with the changed username.

From reading other posts with this issue, I believe the issue is the username being kept in client tables database? Maybe someone could drop some info on how to open this database and resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Back