• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Bandwith limitation button not showing in domain control panel

Ihno

New Pleskian
I am running many servers at Plesk 12.5.30 Update #53 on Debian 7.11‬. All of them are allowed unlimited traffic and have Apache and mod_bw installed and configured via Plesk. ( nginx isn't installed )

Today I need for the first time to set a bandwidth-limitation for a domain, but I can't find a button for controlling it in the domain control panel.

( http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/12.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/ ) --> This Checkboxes doesn't exist : 4. Select the Switch on bandwidth limiting checkbox.

I've checked I've mod_bw installed and have set the permissions ( Very difficult because of dependencies --> First Hosting settings management must be enabled and then Hosting performance settings management ) for controlling server performance in the custom plan for the specific domain.

What am I doing wrong? Please, any tip is welcome!

Last edited:
Bandwidth Limiting option will be available if you disable nginx: Tools & Settings -> Services management -> stop nginx

Make sure that you see something like this:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -d
Error: Nginx component doesn't installed.

Yes, i See it...

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -d
Error: Nginx component doesn't installed.

Now, I have a frech install of Plesk Onyx with the same error....
The activate Button in bandwith is not there...
There is only „unbegrenzt“ and no button...
Debian 8.9‬, Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #26
mod_bw is on and nginx is not installed

The bandwidth limit can only be set if in the hosting plan on the "Permissions" tab in the section "Show more available permissions" the checkbox "Hosting performance settings management" is checked. Is that checkbox checked?

The bandwidth limit can only be set if in the hosting plan on the "Permissions" tab in the section "Show more available permissions" the checkbox "Hosting performance settings management" is checked. Is that checkbox checked?
Yes, but it does not work

Last edited:
Back