• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

BIND DNS Error Plesk 10.4.4 WIndows 2008

modulesoft

Regular Pleskian

I am getting this error.

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed with error code 1: Invalid field Option in PTR record. Invalid number.
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed with error code 1: Invalid field Option in PTR record. Invalid number.

what could be the solution?

i have tried all possible research and help available in google. but still no luck; any update please///

I am getting this error.

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed with error code 1: Invalid field Option in PTR record. Invalid number.
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed with error code 1: Invalid field Option in PTR record. Invalid number.

what could be the solution?

i have tried all possible research and help available in google. but still no luck; any update please///

Sorry, but how your question is related to this thread?

I am sorry .
i feel its similar kind of discussion.
sorry .. if its not the right place.
can you tell me what is the solution ?

Try to find incorrect value of 'opt' field for PTR records in SQL query

select * from dns_recs where type='PTR';

Are you sure that you have specified password in command correctly?

Attached is the output. please check and let me know.

can you please personally check the issue ?
let me know your mail id so i can share my server details.
please let me know.

so i shall email or pm you.

Attachments

• query.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 12
I found in your attached file that domain cksha.com hasn't "24" value in "opt" field. Try to update record with this value and I hope it will help. SQL query should be:

update dns_recs set opt='24' where displayVal='cksha.com';

Yes i did ... see the result!!

mysql> update dns_recs set opt='24' where displayVal='cksha.com';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)
Rows matched: 0 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

and tried this as well...
mysql> update dns_recs set opt=24 where displayVal='cksha.com';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)
Rows matched: 0 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

any guess?

Thanks ..
I manually edit vis contrpl panel; that customer deleted prt records and and added wired info..
thanks for your help and support.
i really appreciate your help.

Hello,
now this error

Could not complete the operation: defpackagemng failed: The process terminated unexpectedly. (Error code 1067) at Start service named

and DNS Stop working Again!

what now?

now this
Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed with error code 1: syntax error
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed with error code 1: syntax error

Seems you have syntax error somewhere in zone files. If you can't find and fix it by yourself - contact support team.

if you assist me here i can fix it.
it was all working after u told and then suddnely not.
what i did was. one of my staff tries to delete one reseller a/c and then all this happned.

now we are not able to delete the domain and the DNS Bind error pending.

now getting this error

Error: Some of the selected customers were not deleted.
Error: DNSZone::Table::select() failed: no such row in the table

Back