• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

BINDING - Im missing something.

Curtis1

Basic Pleskian
Aloha !
(June, 2015)
So we just set up our new server : Windows Server 2008, Plesk 12 Control panel (webhost), Smarter Mail 14.
Things seem to be coming along, now just tweaking some "oops" changes to make it work properly.

So here is an issues. As an example, for the domain. (its the same on all our domains)
H5Hawaii.org (yes, website has an error, we fix it later)
www.H5Hawaii.org
mail.H5Hawaii.org
webmail.H5Hawaii.org

I spent about an hour+ trying to figure out why mail.H5Hawaii.org would not bring up the smarter mail login like it did on our old server, instead it goes to a default plesk page.

Then (after an hour), I was looking at the domain BINDINGS in IIS and realized that "WEBMAIL" was defined for the domain and not "MAIL." so I type in : webmail.H5Hawaii.org and bam there was the smartermail login.

So now i have spent another 2 hours trying to figure out WHERE i make a permanent setting change in PLESK or Smartermail so that it BINDS to "mail" and NOT "webmail".
Is there a setting i am missing someplace in the new plesk 12 ?

(November, 2015)
I have been messing with this for months now.
Every time we add a new domain i have to manually go to IIS bindings and remove "webmail" and change it to "mail"

Where is this setting called from ? Plesk or Smartermail ? HOW do i Fix this ?

Last edited:
Ok, an update.
We looked at the IIS - Bindings for the H5 domain, and only "webmail." is set up. We manually put in "mail." and now that is working for the H5 domain.

So i went back to the DNS editor for plesk and the H5 domain and deleted both "mail" and "webmail" nothing changed in the IIS binding. Isnt this supposed to update that ?

As a temporary work around, we manually added mail. back into the bindings for all domains. (they all work now)

Also, I cant see anything that actually allows me to define that "Mail./ vs webmail., or what if i wanted "myCrazyWebmail.H5Hawaii.org" ?? What is creating the original "webmail." binding ? is Plesk doing that or is SmarterMail doing that ?

Last edited:
Bump. still have not gotten an answer on what piece of software is responsible for making this update.

Sadly I don't have a Windows Server any more but what you're looking for to do evolves editing the PowerShell scripts that Plesk uses to create the bindings. I don't remember where the PowerShell scripts are located. A work around if you don't want to mess with the PowerShell scripts would be to replace the A record for mail.<domain> with a CNAME and have it pointing to webmail.<domain> in the DNS template.

Back