• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Blank email when logrotate is run

L

lazyd

I have been having some issues with blank emails that I have managed to track down to a cron that is run on one of my sites, however, their is also one email message that does not seem to match any of my cron entries. If I look at the message log I can see the following repeated everyday:

04:08:34 www logrotate: ALERT exited abnormally with [1]

If I run the following command:

/usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf
error: m:1 unknown option 'logrotate' -- ignoring line
error: m:1 unexpected text
error: stat of /var/log/maillog failed: No such file or directory

In /etc/logrotate.d I have the following files:

clamav.rpmsave drwebd drweb-update httpd m named rpm sa-update sw-sso syslog yum

looking at m is has the following:

logrotate state -- version 2

I notice that there does not seem to be any maillog file in /var/log so I have created a file with owner and group as root.

After doing this I have run /usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf again and I just get

error: m:1 unknown option 'logrotate' -- ignoring line
error: m:1 unexpected text

while the maillog file seems to be rotated I can not see any entries in it. (I think this is here /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog)

Not surte if this is going to fix the blank email x3 that I receive at 4.08 but will let you know. In the meantime, does any one else have any insight or knows if this is the issue that is causing the blank spam at this time or does anyone else have any ideas what is?

Dan

blank emails logrotate

Not sure if this is going to fix the blank email x3 that I receive at 4.08 but will let you know.

Dan

No stil getting blank emails at this time regards,

Dan

Back