• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Both Plesk and Plesk services need sufficient disk space to operate properly

maxfreeman077

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Ubuntu 20.04 x64
Both Plesk and Plesk services need sufficient disk space to operate properly. If you have run out of free disk space on the disk where Plesk is installed, try freeing some up.
DiskFree disk space
/dev/vda1 on /0.00 B of 239.93 GB total

Please any help on how to fix this issue using SSH will be greatly appreciated.
I'm new to plesk and I am unfamiliar with this issue. I have searched the web for possible solutions but I didn't seem to find any. Please help me

Thanks & Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that you have run out of disk space and that you are asking how to identify the folders where unnecessary files are located that you can remove to free disk space. If this is what you are asking, you can try to first run
# du -hs * | sort -h | less
to get a list of folders that is sorted by disk space occupation so that you can easily find the ones where most disk space is being used for. If you need to free disk space asap you could also look into /var/log for large log files that you might be able to rotate or remove immediately. If your /tmp folder is not on a separate partition, it might have some files in it that can be removed, too (but be careful as this could also disturb running scripts). Finally, you could check if locally stored backups that were created by Plesk occupy space. You could remove backup archives to free disk space. The Plesk backup storage is specified by the DUMP_D variable defined in the /etc/psa/psa.conf configuration file. The default location is /var/lib/psa/dumps.

Hello,
Thanks for trying to assist me. I tried typing the command but still couldn't fix the issue. Can I please provide you my Plesk login details so you help me fix the issue?

Thanks & Regards
I understand that you have run out of disk space and that you are asking how to identify the folders where unnecessary files are located that you can remove to free disk space. If this is what you are asking, you can try to first run
# du -hs * | sort -h | less
to get a list of folders that is sorted by disk space occupation so that you can easily find the ones where most disk space is being used for. If you need to free disk space asap you could also look into /var/log for large log files that you might be able to rotate or remove immediately. If your /tmp folder is not on a separate partition, it might have some files in it that can be removed, too (but be careful as this could also disturb running scripts). Finally, you could check if locally stored backups that were created by Plesk occupy space. You could remove backup archives to free disk space. The Plesk backup storage is specified by the DUMP_D variable defined in the /etc/psa/psa.conf configuration file. The default location is /var/lib/psa/dumps.

I am sorry, but I do not provide individual support. The "du" command should be available in any Linux distribution, so should the "sort" and "less". If you are unsure about using the Linux console, you may need to contact a professional administrator for servers. Maybe your hosting company can also assist you with this.

I am sorry, but I do not provide individual support. The "du" command should be available in any Linux distribution, so should the "sort" and "less". If you are unsure about using the Linux console, you may need to contact a professional administrator for servers. Maybe your hosting company can also assist you with this.
Hello,
Please can you provide me a step by step process of how to delete all files that is consuming the space?
I'm sorry, but I'm new to plesk and ssh commands that's why it is difficult for me. But If i get a step by step guidance, I guess I'll get everything fixed.

Thanks

Back