• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Brotli configuration (change)

Dukemaster

Regular Pleskian
Hi @UFHH01,
I wanted to ask You according to your great nginx with additional modules tutorial if You changed the "brotli types" in your updated version in such a comprehensive way? Or, another possibility would be that I added several types by myself. But I'm not sure about it.
To show the differences in a better way I've posted them together, first my (old) long configuration, then the (new) short configuration of your updated tutorial.

brotli_types text/html text/plain text/css application/javascript application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/vnd.microsoft.icon image/bmp image/svg+xml image/gif image/jpeg application/atom+xml image/png image/tiff image/x-ms-bmp application/font-woff application/json application/msword application/pdf application/postscript application/rtf application/vnd.apple.mpegurl application/vnd.ms-excel application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/vnd.ms-powerpoint application/vnd.wap.wmlc application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml application/vnd.google-earth.kmz application/x-7z-compressed application/x-cocoa application/x-java-archive-diff application/x-perl application/x-rar-compressed application/x-shockwave-flash application/x-tcl application/x-x509-ca-cert application/xhtml+xml application/xspf+xml application/zip application/octet-stream audio/midi audio/mpeg audio/ogg audio/x-m4a audio/x-realaudio video/3gpp video/mp2t video/mp4 video/mpeg video/quicktime video/webm video/x-flv video/x-m4v video/x-mng video/x-ms-asf video/x-ms-wmv video/x-msvideo;
brotli_types text/html text/plain text/css application/javascript application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/vnd.microsoft.icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

Perhaps the older additional types are "now" not necessary any longer?
Very often you say it's up to the user (e.g. me) how to configure.
But I wanted to ask You which is the best configuration without negative side effects to other configurations (perhaps gzip, or something else).
Greets

Last edited:
If your site does not assume the availability of content in the form of realaudio files, or google-earth.kmz files or something like that or even already compressed rar files - then why do you need to describe their types? For this forum, for example, I defined only brotly_types for file types which can be used here.

Back