• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BUG - Default Document Setting

RodStr

Basic Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
Plesk Panel Windows, 10.0.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Std / IIS7, x64 under VMware

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Open control panel for domain
Websites & Domains Tab
Virtual Directories Icon
(Make sure NOTHING is selected... should mean you are dealing with the /httpdocs folder)
Click the Directory Properties Icon
Reorganize the Documents (aka Default documents) using the "Up" and "Down" buttons
Click "OK" button

ACTUAL RESULT
Changes on the screen
Does NOT change the default document search order in IIS7

EXPECTED RESULT
Change on screen
Correctly alter IIS7 to reflect changes

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If there is a different way to change the primary default document for a subscription,
let me know. That is the only route I could find.

Note, the simplest way to test instead of re-arranging is simply to REMOVE all the default
documents in the list and add in just 1. Click OK. Now go look in IIS. Nothing has changed.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I found the cause of this, but am not sure what to do about it.

If the domain in Microsoft DNS is setup to be an Active Directory integrated domain, then the Plesk server CANNOT remove the DNS settings.

We had to setup the domains as AD sync'd domains in order to allow replication to run between the DNS on the Plesk server and an external DNS box used as a secondary DNS. (replication is the wrong word here... just standard DNS updates between primary and secondary servers).

Thoughts ??? Comments ??? Ideas ???

Back