• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

bug in deleting other admin sessions?

andre.spindler

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

After using Plesk 7.5.4 reloaded I two weekends before to Plesk 8.2.1 and found something strange:

Sometimes it takes long times for plesk to answer, eg when reading the remote ftp datas. Plesk doesn't answer for any other action then.

When I close the browser window, open a new one and login as admin again, I get a notice that there is another admin-session - that's rigth! But I couldn't manage to delete it! On 7.5.4 that was no problem, but with 8.2.1 I have to wait, and wait and wait... Until I do another action in the menu. I get no error message or anything else looking like a failure.

The only resolution is a brute method: Opening phpmyadmin from the server fieldset, change to the database of psa and delete the record in the sessions-table per hand. Not nice, but it works.

But I think that should not the "normal" way to delete sessions.

Greetings,
André Spindler

Hi,

I'm seeing similar issues after upgrading from 7.5.4 to 8.2.1. But instead I will see multiple sessions for clients after they report that they cannot log into the Plesk control panel. After either clearing the sessions or restarting Pleks they can then log back in.

This problem is becoming a daily issue and so far I've not found a cause or anything useful for a solution.

Michael

Back