• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can I use Plesk onxy license for Plesk 12.5 ?

kdrk1977

New Pleskian
Hello forum,
I'm taking care of Plesk 12.5 Server for one of my customer.
I'm buying license for that server from Plesk Partner I have contract with, but
he asking for price raise which is double of the price at plesk.com.

So I'm thinking purchase license directly from plesk.com, but problem is that I'm not sure
if Plesk 12.5 accept onxy license, and my client is not about upgrading his server environment
from 12.5 to onyx.

I'd like to hear if someone have used/applied a license to old-version server.

Thank you.

Yes, when you receive an activation code from Plesk when ordering Onyx it actually says "can be used with Plesk 12 and Plesk Onyx".

Why is the customer against Onyx?

I'm really really sorry about this but I've got a silly question: How do I create a new post or thread like this one I'm on? I've just joined and couldn't find any "Create new ... " button anywhere. thanks!

You have to go back into a section and out of a post..... from there "Post New Thread" in the upper right corner. (blue button)

Yes, when you receive an activation code from Plesk when ordering Onyx it actually says "can be used with Plesk 12 and Plesk Onyx".

Why is the customer against Onyx?

Hello Mark, thank you sharing the info! and it's very good to know that license works with 12.5.

Well I asked to my client upgrading his plesk to onyx, but he didn't agree with that since there is no technical/critical issues using 12.5 now..
But I'm going to explain him again that need upgrade before 12.5 become completely outdated version.

Back