• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not change WebHosting type for domains

Studio 010 NL

New Pleskian
Server OS: CentOS Linux 7.1.1503 (Core)‬
Used version: 12.5.30 Update #7

Hi all,

I recently started using Plesk on a new Linux VPS. So far so good, seems to work pretty smooth. However, I can not change the type of hosting on my domains. Please see the attached screenshots in which I try to indicate what I am trying to do and what happens.

1. I have a domain without Webhosting
2. I try to change that and enable WebHosting
3. I enter details on the WebHosting page (new user-ID and a new password)
4. An error is shown and the WebHosting was not changed.

Error that occurs: Error: Unable to load object of type SysUser with id=1: SysUser: unable to select: no such row in the table

Also note that the instructions shown in the user-manual do not match the UI that is shown on my Plesk-instance: instructions seem to be out of date.

What should I do to start using Plesk to my full satisfaction? I have seen some other articles about similar errors but this installation is fresh and clean: how can it happen that SysUsers are not found?

PleskError01.JPG PleskError02.JPG PleskError03.JPG

Hi,

could you check if you actually have all subscription parameters set for this domain?
This would at least be the first thing I would be checking.

Regards,
Kristian

Have you tried fix this database inconsistency with

# plesk repair db

?

@KristianM What parameters is it that you mean exactly? I have no errors whatsoever on the subscription-pages, see screenshot #1 below.
@IgorG Thanks for the tip Igor, I have just run that command and it does not seem to find any issues (see screenshot #2). Is my approach the right one? I should enter a new username and a password for that account right? Although I have already created an account for the domain-owner? This is not documented anywhere in the 12.5 manual.

PleskError04.JPG PleskError05.JPG

Hi,

well I ment the part where you set how much diskspace is allowed, and of course what privileges you have. e.g. "Manage Hosting Settings".
Though, could you please check you have the most recent MU installed?
A couple of days ago I faced a similar issue which was caused by not being uptodate.

Is it an option to delete the domain again and then recreate it?

Regards
Kristian

Thanks @KristianM for your instant reply. I have changed the plan for the domein to unlimited, just to be sure, as that plan has everything enabled that is possibly available (e.g. "Hosting settings management" is granted on the Hosting Plans > Permissions tab: the box is ticked). It still does not work. Also, this issue occurs with all domains I add, no matter if I delete them and add them later. I also tried to change WebHosting for my own Webspaces, just to try if that makes a difference, but it all results in the same issue. Everything else works just fine, I am just not able to change the selection for Website Hosting. I udated everything I could possibly update from the web-interface at least. Are there any commands you can think of that I should try?

The SysUser with id 1 that is mentioned in the error-message, is that a user that I should find in my accounts-overview? Or is it another type of object? Because if I move over the accounts, I noticed id's 2, 3 and 4 in the statusbar, so indeed there is no user with id 1. Or am I focussing on other user-objects then the message refers to?

Hi,

well I never use the GUI updater :)
So maybe try the following:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Regards,
Kristian

Hi,

well I never use the GUI updater :)
So maybe try the following:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Regards,
Kristian
Thanks again Kristian, but unfortunately that did not fix the issue. I tdid run successful and I noticed several updates passing but after I logged back into Plesk it still does not work:

Error: Unable to load object of type SysUser with id=1: SysUser: unable to select: no such row in the table

Why would the code be looking for a SysUser with id 1?

EDIT: I have queried the sys_users table and it seems completely empty. That looks like an issue, doesn't it? Which users should be in that table? How can I add anything? What can I do?

I performed the following:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa
MariaDB [psa]> MariaDB [psa]> select * from sys_users;

Response from that query:
Empty set (0.00 sec)

Last edited:
Hi,

The mentioned table should contain all system users created for subscriptions.

I don't think playing around in the database will solve the issue.
To be honest, I would backup all data and reinstall either the server or at least Plesk.

Prior to logging the first time to Plesk, please make sure all updates have been installed.

Regards,
Kristian

OMG... that was the answer that I did not want to hear, but your hint to not logon before all updates were installed is a good one. I have just started re-imaging of my VPS by my webhosting-provider. In an hour or 2 I can start over again. What bothers me about this is that I have tried that once before. Eventually it will be exactly the same image that will get installed, with Plesk pre-installed on it, so if they made some strange mistake in the configuration, it will still be in there after I re-image my box, but I will try once more just to be sure.

Thanks again, I will keep you informed.

Hey,

well as I said before I had the same issue while creating our images :)
But after installing all updates after install solved the issue. So I guess it's some issue that was fixed in one of the more recent MU's.

So just execute the above command after instalation. Maybe compare the output of "plesk version" prior and after running the command.

Regards,
Kristian

Hi again,

btw.
A better command for installing all updates would be:
Code:
/usr/sbin/plesk installer install-all-updates

Regards,
Kristian

Aaaargh!!! Just re-imaged the VPS, performed the update as Kristian advised (using root-user) and then I logged on for the first time into Plesk. I entered all my user-information and then moved on to adding the first domainname. This is what happened (had this with the previous images as well but I solved it using the commands I found on the forum in other posts).

Is it normal that this happens like this after a clean install? Did Strato (my provider) create a broken image?

PleskError06.JPG

Hi,

I remember this error and yes if i remember correct they have a broken image.
Give me a couple of minutes and I'll try and find a solution for you.

Regards,
Kristian

Wow, you are fast and ready to help Kristian, I appreciate your assistance. In the meantime I am re-imaging the VPS to an older CentOS version (6) that should have Plesk 12 installed as well. Perhaps that image is more stable? 1 to 2 hours and I can try again. :)

Do you happen to be in some way affiliated to Strato?

Hi,

not at all.
I have my own Hosting Company based in Germany.
But I create all our images myself. And while testing I faced the exact same issue.
I just needed some time to reproduce the issue.

Could you however please provide me with the output of the command
"/usr/sbin/plesk installer install-all-updates"

Normally this should resolve the issue.

If not, you would need to check if the following packages are installed:

php-fpm
php5-ioncube-loader
psa-php5-configurator
psa-phpfpm-configurator

Regards,
Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I have re-imaged the VPS using the Strato image "CentOS6 + Plesk12". Once the machine was ready I ran the updates, this was the output.

Code:
login as: root
[email protected]'s password:
[root@h2493123 ~]# /usr/sbin/plesk installer install-all-updates
File downloading products.inf3: 94%..100% was finished.
File downloading plesk.inf3: 10%..20%..34%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..94%..100% w                                                                                         as finished.
File downloading ppsmbe.inf3: 10%..30%..71%..100% was finished.
File downloading sitebuilder.inf3: 12%..100% was finished.
File downloading sso.inf3: 13%..40%..67%..80%..100% was finished.
File downloading setemplates.inf3: 49%..100% was finished.
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 11%..20%..32%..44%..50%..62%..76%..82%..92%..100% was finished.
File downloading billing.inf3: 10%..20%..30%..41%..50%..60%..71%..80%..98%..100% was finished.
File downloading mysql.inf3: 66%..100% was finished.
File downloading apache.inf3: 44%..100% was finished.
File downloading nginx.inf3: 21%..83%..100% was finished.
File downloading php56.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading php55.inf3: 40%..100% was finished.
File downloading php54.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading php53.inf3: 40%..100% was finished.
File downloading php52.inf3: 40%..100% was finished.
File downloading pmm.inf3: 41%..100% was finished.
Checking for installed packages...
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/plesk-12.5.30-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 10%..21%..30%..43%..59%..79%..81%..90%..100% was finished.
Downloading extension catalog feed...
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/plesk-patches-12.5.30-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 10%..21%..32%..43%..53%..60%..71%..80%..99%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_12.5.29/sitebuilder-12.5.29-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_12.5.29/billing-12.5.29-rhall-all.inf3: 92%..100% was finished.
File downloading NGINX_1.9.4/nginx-1.9.4-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 90%..100% was finished.
File downloading PHP_5.6.14/php56-5.6.14-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading PHP_5.5.30/php55-5.5.30-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading PHP_5.4.45/php54-5.4.45-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 16%..100% was finished.
File downloading PHP_5.3.29/php53-5.3.29-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading PHP_5.2.17/php52-5.2.17-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading PMM_0.1.10/pmm-0.1.10-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 42%..100% was finished.
gpg-pubkey-914bdf7e-55c05220 gpg(Plesk Team <[email protected]>)
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

Detecting installed product components.
Gathering information about installed license key...
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components
installed. Installation will not continue.

Furthermore all other message returned as well, so even though I use another image (CentOs 6.7) it all still doesn't work "out of the box". I probably am failing this one myself being a n00b with Plesk but it would be appreciated if I can continue with this without all these errors. What would be the best way to check those components you mentioned Kristian?

Hi,

after investigating this issue, I found this is an issue with the Template/Image of the hoster (Strato).

It can be repaired by executing the following commands:
Code:
# rm /root/.autoinstallerrc
# yum install php.x86_64 php-devel.x86_64 php-gd.x86_64 php-ldap.x86_64 php-mbstring.x86_64 php-mysql.x86_64 php-odbc.x86_64 php-pear php-snmp.x86_64 php-xmlrpc.x86_64 php-xml.x86_64 mailman postgresql-server.x86_64
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component spamassassin
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component mailman
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

These commands have to be executed before you login to Plesk the first time.

Hope this helps others too.
Regards,
Kristian

Back