• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can not start SMTP-Server (QMail)

Biese1983

New Pleskian
After the update of Plesk 8.6 to 9, the SMPT not start sending e-mails is no longer possible

Plesk-Version 9.0.0
Betriebssystem Linux 2.6.18-6-686 Debian
CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz

Same problem

I had the same problem however was charged by Parallels support as they said Plesk did not cause this, however its the only thing we did that could have broke it.

To resolve the issue they charged us $75.00 to do the following after they found some files missing:

/etc/init.d/qmail stop
/etc/init.d/xinetd stop
rpm -Uvh --force psa-qmail-1.03-fc6.build86080722.00.x86_64.rpm
/etc/init.d/qmail start
/etc/init.d/xinetd start

Now I have found somebody experiencing the same problem I will be taking this up with Parallels support.

I now just need to know the commands required to update to patch 5 for 8.6.0 before I try to install version 9 again. As I had the following error:

error: Failed dependencies:
psa-hotfix4-8.6.0 = 8.6.0 is needed by (installed) psa-hotfix5-8.6.0-8.6.0-fc6.build86080930.03.x86_64
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please, contact product technical support.

any ideas of how to fix this :(

Thank you for any help.
Terry

After the update of Plesk 8.6 to 9, the SMPT not start sending e-mails is no longer possible

Plesk-Version 9.0.0
Betriebssystem Linux 2.6.18-6-686 Debian
CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz

I have same problem, but now im solving high priority problem with fatal exception of cp.

To TerryM:

You could try the command:

yum remove psa-hotfix4-8.6.0

and then reinstall 9.0.0 without installing 8.6.0 updates.

However, given how ropey Plesk 9.0.0 seems to be, I won't guarantee that this will solve all your problems.

See my thread on http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=56908

To TerryM:

You could try the command:

yum remove psa-hotfix4-8.6.0

and then reinstall 9.0.0 without installing 8.6.0 updates.

However, given how ropey Plesk 9.0.0 seems to be, I won't guarantee that this will solve all your problems.

See my thread on http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=56908

Thanks, we did this yesterday and now all is up and running, but Plesk 9 has quite a few issues which make it horrible to use.

Back