1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot access WebAdmin

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by gimme_donuts, Jun 12, 2012.

1. gimme_donuts

gimme_donuts Guest

Ok so I got a hosting service which only has plesk 9.3.

I installed wordpress manually through ftp, but had somebody create a new template with new database entry.

The problem is I cannot access WebAdmin. When I click on it it just refreshes the page instead of going to PHPmyAdmin.

What could the problem be?

The host is incredibly unfriendly and wants me to pay 60euro/hour for them to have a look. Is that even normal??? Shouldn't everything like WebAdmin work when you PAY for hosting? BTW it's a VPS.

Second problem I have is I cannot access SSH, I got a connection refused.

So I'm having a real nightmare and the host is a reall %/&ç/&**ç&.

If you want to know the host is Arsys Spain....I cannot beleive it as they are one of the biggest...

Thanks a lot for your help

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

For Web Admin, make sure you dont have a pop up blocker because it will open it in a new window, so it could be blocking the pop up and just refreshing the page. If you still cant do it, you can always install a temp copy of phpmyadmin in your domains web space and then login manually that way.

For your second problem, ssh connection refused could be a couple different reasons - it could be IP restricted, or it could be setup not to allow root logins and your trying to login as root, or it could be setup to only allow for keys and not passwords.

3. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    OR also, SSH could be configured to listen to a specific IP address and or on a different NON default port. If you didnt set-up the VPS O/S + Plesk your self, I suggest you ask your hosting company to guide you through that process.