• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot add new domains

C

Chris Magnuson

Today Plesk started giving the following error upon clicking finnish when creating a new domain.

Unable to get hardquota state: usermng: Unable to set quota for user 'NEWUSER'

0: class.PHostingManager.php:1484
PHostingForm->assign(object of type PHostingManager, boolean true, boolean true, boolean true, boolean true, boolean true, boolean true)
1: client.domain.hosting.setup.php:322
plesk__client__domain__hosting__setup->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
2: UIPointer.php:596
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
3: plesk.php:38

On the domain setup summary screen we then see:

Error:*Unable to update hosting preferences: hosting update is failed: object ID is invalid SysUser->systemRemove() failed: usermng failed: usermng: Unable to set quota for user 'NEWUSER'

This behavior started for no apparent reason. I had added a couple of new domains without problem just prior to these errors occurring. My attempts to locate a solution haven't panned out so far so I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion?

Thanks

Hello,

In case the Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) is installed at the container, please, suggest the solution below from the following article - http://kb.odin.com/en/372 :

The problem is that quota support is not enabled or 'quotaugidlimit' limit is reached in the VE where Plesk is installed. You should login to the hardware node as root and enable second level quota support (or increase quotaugidlimit ) for the VE with:
# vzctl set VE_ID --quotaugidlimit N --save
# vzctl restart VE_ID

Where 'VE_ID' should be replaced with the real VE ID, and 'N' is a limit of users and groups inside the VE. Current 'quotaugidlimit' usage value can be found with the following command:
# cat /etc/shadow /etc/group | wc -l

Also please, check the following article and make sure that /etc/mtab is a link to /proc/mounts.:

http://kb.odin.com/en/2188

Thank you

Back